Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rainy days are bad for my wallet

Normally, if Josie is cranky before her nap, we'll go to the park or for a walk. But it's raining today, so after trying to distract her with coloring and her ball popper, we went to Big R to buy a toy. I know, I'm an enabler. We got a tractor with a trailer with animals that make noise. That's the key to a good kid distracter: Must make noise. Flashy lights are a plus, too. Then we went to Wal-Mart, cause what else are we going to do? There, we got a See 'n' Say. I think we'll be saving that for Christmas, though. She doesn't seem to get that she has to let go of the handle to make it talk. She just cranks it up and down over and over. And it doesn't stand up very well. I remember the ones we had standing up. Oh well.



I also got a big piece of cardboard that I'm planning on using for a bean bag toss. She loves the bean bag toss game that's set up in the garden center of Wal-Mart, so I figured I could do just as well, without paying fifty bucks.

Hey, check it out! Auto-save! What a thing!

The next day...
I actually made that bean bag toss. I sewed two bean bags and filled them with popcorn kernels, then cut squares out of the cardboard. I colored around the holes, so hopefully that'll help her learn colors. I do what I can. I'm so glad this post got saved. Pulitzer winning stuff, I tell you.

No comments: